8.06.2007

Moving in

Today has been a hot one and a long one. Mom and I got up early and got to my house. I decided on the room higher up but with AC. That was a great life choice. After a lot of sweat, we got everything up to the 3rd floor. The bed arrived on schedule. Yay! The TV was not fun to move, but at least I don't have to work out today. The afternoon involved the usual "I'm going off to college" stuff. Shopping for this and that so that I am not living in a complete pig sty. To my delight, I found a Chipotle and a Noodles Co right next to each other. I almost wet my pants I was so excited. Shopping was followed by Qdoba. I sadly was unable to finish the delicious queso burrito. Sad. In true Mom fashion, we went in to a wine shop and bought a bottle of a Malbec. mmmmmmmmm. It stormed in the afternoon, which only made it even more humid. Ick.

Mom napped in the afternoon while I worked my butt off unpacking my room. Blah. Met a housemate. I think his name is Erik??? He is on my floor. Most of my room is done except for all the random little stuff and desk stuff. Mom and I are going to dinner tonight in Old Town??? Should be good.

1 comment:

[a.ho] said...

couldn't finish a queso burrito, sister? shame! i actually had a burrito for dinner last night, too. a burrito and 2 tacos. and life was good. glad you made it to omaha safely!