8.09.2007

8 years?!?!?!

So today marks the 8 year anniversary of my first knee surgery. Boy were those fun times. A former team member of mine just tore her ACL (tore the other one 2 years ago), so even though I doubt she even knows this exists, I wish her the best of luck in the coming months.

Today was day 2 and totally could have been handled/timed much better. There was just a lot of extra break time when there really needed to be more time for presentations. Whatever. We met our faculty advisors. I can't even pronounce mine's name. I know it is Dr. Olga something, but I really didn't understand her last name.

I had sometime after that, so I drove to my mom's hotel (about 1000 ft) and hung with her for about an hour. She had clothes on, which was a plus. Her hotel at the moment is overrun with a lot of girls singing all the time. Originally, she thought it might be a traveling choir or something. Nope. American Idol tryouts are in Omaha right now. Who would have thought? Mom thought about going to try out but decided to take a walk in the lovely 80% humidity.

This afternoon they had organized, optional bowling/golf (one or the other). Seeing as how I am awful at golf, I went with bowling. If you really think about it though, to be bad at golf is embarrassing, but to be good at bowling is even more embarrassing. I was in a lane with 2 other M1's and then two M2's. Everyone played two games, but not until the second game did someone take the initiative to get our lane some beer. We had Blue Moon. Sister would have loved it. I didn't bowl well, but it was a lot of fun.

I returned to Mom's hotel and found Dad there too. Don't worry, all clothes were on. Well, Dad's shirt wasn't, but that really isn't new. We sat around the hotel for a bit and then went to my house. Dad brought the fire ladder down from Spo, so everyone can now sleep a little easier. My room, although on the 3rd floor, is just above the sand volleyball court, so at least if I had to jump, it might not hurt as much. We had okay steak Upstream Brewing Co in Old Market (I called it Old Town earlier, whoops). I was hoping for more, but whatever. Also, take note all who dis Nebraska ---- the sell hard alcohol IN THE REGULAR STORE!!!! Yes, I know other states do this too, but at least we have a little bit of a plus on that one. We also had a house meeting tonight. Just a brief one. I better start getting a recipe in mind. EEEEK!

1 comment:

[a.ho] said...

if there are vegetarians in your house, sister, you should make black eyed skillet peas...an old JVC favorite. i'll try to snag you the recipe.

also, let me recommend the idea of roasting something. you can produce a lot of food without much effort. and who doesn't love roast meat with roast vegetables. maybe that's more an idea for winter, though.