8.15.2007

First Day!!!

A) don't worry, I took a pic for my first day of school....wait no, I didn't
B) keeping it brief, already have tons to do

So for those who don't know, med school isn't really one of those things you can just cram for like most of us did through undergrad. It isn't that the material is hard. It is that there is about 1 ton of it. Some say it is like trying to drink water from a fire hydrant. There is just no way to ever ever ever learn everything. I "learned" (I already knew it) in one hour what took us about a week or two in undergrad. Holy crap! Put your seat belts on people.

Today wasn't awful. Several introductions to courses, a handful of lectures, free lunch. We also met our cadavers. First time I have ever really seen a dead body. The face was still covered thank goodness. She already had a name, so don't ask me what we named her. Her name is Alice. First dissection is on Friday. Eeeeeeek! My housemate and lab mate Mark has taken anatomy a few times before, so hopefully he can be a lot of help.

Ok, back to studying. Here we go!!!!! (To be said in the voice of Peach from MarioKart)

No comments: