8.14.2007

It's almost here

Today, for the most part, blew. Last night we got an email about Note Service and if anyone who knows they want to be in it would be willing to volunteer to do the first week. Note Service is a student run thing where a student takes notes for a lecture (normally 4 lectures a day = 4 diff. students) and everyone gets a copy. You pay $40 for a semester, and, depending on how many people sign up, you take notes 2 times a semester. The notes are rather standardized (font, spacing, margins), and they have a system of strikes in place for poor note takers. I, of course, am signing up because that means if I want to miss a class, I can. Then I just have to read those, the lecture notes, and listen to the lecture online (Podcast baby). I, being the dork I am, counted to when I may possibly be taking notes. I am #42 in the class alphabetically, which is weird because that was my number in basketball. Anyway, that would possibly put me at that Friday when Matt will be here. Friday note takers turn them in Monday morning, but still, I didn't want to do them while he was here (they say you should put 5 hours into making a set). So I volunteered and said no to tomorrow (Feast of the Assumption, going to mass after last class). I was assigned to our second Ethics lecture. In my head, that should be pretty easy. It is ethics, what more can you add (they want us not to just type exactly what is said, we are supposed to add stuff) without getting into the realm of opinion??

I got up to go to a mandatory thing at 9. It lasted 15 min. Blow. I then ran and ellipticalled. That was good. Another mandatory thing at 2. Holy crap. Library stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love librarians. This one was bad though. She even blinked slowly. I am now sitting here reading ahead for tomorrows lectures. I know, I am a dork. I am not as worried about Molecular & Cellular Biology (MCB) as I am about anatomy. Ahhhhhh!

We had some sort of beef stew for dinner tonight. You know, when it is 105 out, I want nothing more than to come home and eat some good and hot beef stew. Wait....no.

Ugh...I hate loan people. So it seems like I am receiving more money than I asked to take out in loans. Don't ask me how that is possible. I was awarded a lot more than I applied through my lender to take out, yet somehow magically, my lender paid the full amount. I know, more money isn't bad...except when you are paying interest on that money. Jerks.

No comments: