8.10.2007

Last day

Today was the last day of orientation officially. But really, Monday and Tuesday next week are computer orientation. Today was really all about inspiration I felt like. They did a whole Jesuit Values things, which I have heard about a billion times during my life. We also broke out into our small groups (about 14 people per) and did a brief ethics thing. Pizza for lunch. Parents had a thing at 11 and then they too got pizza. After that, we headed over to Josyln Art Museum
for the White Coat Ceremony. I thought we would just get out coats and that was it. Well.......they did a really brief bio on everyone. I am glad the class only has 126 in it thank goodness. Once I load a pic or two, I will put them up for all of you to be impressed.

Tonight there was an M1-M2 get together at Upstream (place we went last night for dinner). It was a lot of fun. Not drunk crazy girl on bar fun, but socializing meeting people feeling comfortable fun. Again, I saw a horse cop pulling someone over. What can I say, this is Omaha.

People like to compare med school to high school. Cliques, gossip, drama. It hasn't happened quite yet, but it easy to see how it can happen. We are with each other every day for 9 months. People are bound to talk; crap is bound to happen. I am just hoping that I can stay out of most of it. I also learned today when talking to various people (well...girls at least) that a good majority of us are in relationships and many if not most are doing long distance. I guess we can all support each other.

Mom and Dad leave in the morning. Sad. But party at Phi Chi tomorrow night. Flip cup!!!!!!

No comments: