8.21.2007

It was like an inland hurricane

So just like Sunday was my first bat experience, yesterday was my first tornado warning. I am sitting, minding my business, doing some hw. Storm finally roles in (had been trying to during dinner), and I can see it all through my window. This was super strong wind. Eric Peeples knocks on my door asking if my window is leaking because he has water dripping into his room. My window AC unit was in fact letting water in, so I fixed that problem. The wind is super loud, but I thought I could kind of hear something else out my window. Then Katie Enemark calls my phone and says that the tornado sirens just went off and that I should get downstairs. Don't worry, it only lasted about 15 minutes, but still. There were tons and tons of uprooted trees all around town. It was crazy. If you have never experienced a storm in Omaha, you better do it before you die. This was more intense than anything I have ever seen (other than rain in the rainforest of course).

Blah to studying. I had a minor Becky crisis and rearranged how I am going to approach all my studying. We will see how the transition goes from old to new methods. I also tried the Creighton fitness center (KFC) today. Let me tell you....blow! They have several basketball courts and a track, which are totally great. And a big pool. But their workout facility is about the same size as Regis' yet they have about 5 times as many students. It was super crowded this afternoon. Sad. So I think I am going to try going in the mornings before class. It opens at 6, so it should work perfectly. Okay, back to studying!

No comments: