8.07.2007

Headache

I have just about the most horrible headache of my life right now, so just remember that as you read this.

Last night, Mom and I went to this Italian place called Vivace or something like that. After parking we walked a few blocks to check out the Old Town area. During this time, I saw just about the funniest thing ever. A teenage girl pulled off to the side of the brick road getting some sort of ticket from a cop on a horse. Hilarious. She was in a little short car too. I don't think you can give attitude to a cop on a horse. You just can't. Dinner was good. Brought the leftovers home. Have yet to eat them. Mom and I then came back to make my bed (yes, I am 22 and still want my mom's help). I met the other M1 and a few other housemates.

I tried to test out my new alarm this morning, but I forgot to actually turn it on...whoops. So who knows if it will actually wake me up for orientation tomorrow. Today involved more various errands by Mom and I. We tried to walk around campus, but I was too scared to park in the student parking, so we just drove around it twice. I think she saw it pretty well. We somehow ended up back in Old Town for lunch. We kept trying to get a pedicure, but it never really happened. Sad. We then had lunch at M's Pub, owned by the same people as Vivace. It isn't your usual pub. It was pretty upscale. We sat at the bar; I got some sort of thai pizza. Mom got gross salad. Ewwww. The afternoon was lazy.

My fellow M1 housemate Mark put together a little shin-dig tonight for the class. I would say that about 40 showed up at a bar about 5 blocks from the house. About the same distance as the PI but no killer hill on the way home. I was nervous nancy as usual, but I met a few people and had a few beers. Since it was light out and I had a headache, I walked home at about 830. I am now sitting in my bed, wondering when it is okay for me to actually fall asleep and not be lame. I have a lot more to put away in my room, but I don't really feel like it. Orientation starts tomorrow morning. I hope Mark and I are riding together so that he can show me where we are going. I guess it is finally time for me to come out of my shell. Here it goes.

1 comment:

[a.ho] said...

Hurrah! Good luck today.

Also, evidence that you can give flack to a cop on horseback, but you'll probably end up getting arrested: http://www.oxfordstudent.com/tt2005wk6/news/finalist_arrested_for_calling_police_horse_'gay'