8.29.2007

I touched a lung

I am making great time tonight with my studying. Only one more lecture to do for the day, which should only take about 30 minutes or so. Woohoo! As for the question of other Prep students here, there are about 1 ton. There are at least 6 people from Spokane in the M1 year alone. It is crazy.

I actually didn't mind anatomy lab today. Before lab, we got a lecture about central lines and chest tubes. Basically, she just scared me about ever trying either and all the things I can do wrong. Yikes! It was all interesting though. In lab, we got to remove the breast plate, which meant it was time to use the bone saw and cutters. I didn't use the saw. The sound reminded me of a dentist gone wrong. I mean really wrong. I am not going to saw anything too squeamish, but if you don't want to read anything mild even, look away now. After taking the breast plate off, we cut out the right lung. Man does that thing feel weird. Our woman was not a smoker, but our neighbors had a smoker. Those were some black lungs. Warning: smokers, your lungs are gross, stop it. It is also amazing how much fat is around the heart. No, it isn't just because our lady is larger, everyone has a bit of fat around it. Also, the liver is really hard. Who would have guessed that? It was everyone's too, not just the alcoholics. Crazy. The guys stayed to study, and I asked if I could leave. Best question ever, cuz then Liz and I scurried out of there. Awesome.

Do you know how hard wet erase markers are to find? Office Depot pretty much hides them under all the highlighters. Highlighters!?!?!? Who puts those there? I decided not to work out this morning. I got an hour extra sleep instead. I slept through my regular alarm and woke up to my phone alarm, which means I am really tired. Hence the no workout. Meh. I think I will survive. Free lunch tomorrow. Plus Matt gets here. Yay!

No comments: