9.13.2007

Yeah, yeah, I know

Yes, I skipped a day. But I was a total mess last night. I had to prepare for MCB small group, which I did for 2 hours only to not say anything today. Everything goes way over my head in these groups. Most of these people worked in bio labs, so they know all this stuff, and I never have any clue. It makes me feel like I am not going to be a good doctor. Ack. This little freaking out/researching business put be behind a little, so even though we didn't start til 9 today, I still worked out at 6. I am all caught up now (in terms of MCB, lets not even think about anatomy) and feeling pretty good. You know what I think it is. Neither today nor Tuesday did I have anything in the afternoon. Yesterday, I was in anatomy lab until 4:30. I think that just put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day. Things are good now though.

At 4:30 this afternoon, tables 9-12 (I am at 9) went to the radiology department at CUMC for a little CT fun. We had to dress up and wear our white coats. We (with the help of a radiology resident) looked at the CT of our cadaver as well as of a few healthy people. Let me just tell you this: computers are amazing. They totally have this thing that turns 2D into 3D. Yes, I know some of you smart people are saying, "oh that is easy, you just multiply...." I just say "neato." Radiology, however, is not something I am super interested in. A) super competitive B) little patient contact. Plus, I am sure that it has only recently become so "neato" because of computers. Before that, it was all films and such. Boring. I am now at home taking a little break.

I have been meaning to say some things on here (almost deep, but not really, nothing like Bo's super reflectiveness), but then I always forget. But I remember one, so here we go: I realize that I talk a whole lotta game when it comes to taking naps. In the morning when people are talking about going home and napping, I agree (because I actually feel like taking a nap). Then I get home, and no even thought of nap even happens. I have always been like this. I have taken 2, maybe 3 naps since moving down to Omaha. As I have theorized with many of you, I believe there are two types of people in this world: sleepers and eaters. You may ask "well how do I decide? I really like both." Put yourself into a normal day, your friends call you to say they are grabbing a snack somewhere (your choice), but you were considering taking a nap in a little bit. Which do you choose if you only have time for one? This isn't a day where you got 3 hours of sleep and ran 10 miles. This is a normal day. I myself choose food. I think Bub, Dad, and Bo are all with me on this one. On the other hand, Mom and Amanda are nappers. Amanda is going to try and fight this one, but we all know it is true. Rachael - napper, just because her tummy is too small to even fit food in it. Matt - lets all face it, he is an eater. Annie - redhead, they don't count
Guster - loves dad, will do what dad does

I didn't mean for my philosophical thinking to get that long. Oops. Back to studying.

1 comment:

Robert said...

i am never that deep