9.10.2007

On the edge of fall

Yeah, I didn't update yesterday because a) I slacked off on Saturday in terms of studying and b) I was cooking for about a billion hours. I made gumbo yesterday. Pretty easy to make, but it took me forever to do. I am a slow chopper, so I couldn't turn the ruex up high because I didn't want to burn it or have it be done before I was done. My hands still smell like garlic. I didn't have as much chicken as I wanted, but it was still good. No, not as good as mom's, but still good. We had cornbread and salad as well. We have a lot of leftovers, but it is pretty much gone today, which means it was another success. Yay!

I am aiming high for this test just because I want to actually feel like I did well on something. I've never had the mindset of "just get a 70 and I will pass," so it is hard to switch that way now and be happy with myself.

We dissected the heart today. Cool. I actually feel as if I learned it pretty well. Liz and I left before the guys because they told us we could. That means they can't get mad at us.

Early morning workout today despite the fact that I am still totally sore from soccer on Saturday. Amy and Meghan showed up about 30 minutes after me. We will see if they have it in them to show up again tomorrow morning. They all think I am crazy for working out that early, but it is what fits in my life right now. Okay, study time.

Oh wait, the whole reason for that title. I feel as if fall is really wanting to be here. Yesterday was high 60s and overcast. Today was low 60s and rainy. All week is supposed to be mid 70s. Man am I excited to be out of that heat. I feel as if the fall here could actually be relatively pretty. I'll let y'all know.

No comments: