9.03.2007

All alone again

I just took Matt to the airport. **Sigh** I'll see him again though, so again, no point in getting super sad. Heck, I'll actually be able to get stuff done. And may room may actually stay clean. He made a mess to say the least. Just a warning, this post will be long because it will be 4 days worth. A few quick notes before I go into the weekend: Thank God Bo survived his ordeal. Hopefully he will write about it, but we will see. I am sure he can tell the story better. Basically it involved a cracked windshield on his airplane, a landing in remote Wyoming, and a bus to Salt Lake City. Rumor has it though that he got home safely finally. Also, I would like it if Amanda would stop spreading rumors. When Matt says "8 months" he means that is when I am done with my first year and we won't be thousands of miles apart. That is all. Don't listen to Amanda anyone. Time to talk about the weekend

Friday Matt had his interview with Millard Public Schools. He said it was his best interview yet; his interviewer loved him. Must be the beard. Basically this was the first step. The administrative office likes to interview candidates and put together packets for them with their own review and LORs and such. Then when a position opens at a school, Matt lets the office know he is interested, and they forward on the packets of the best 3 or 4 candidates to the appropriate school. The school then interviews and hires. Millard gives bonuses for early notification of retirement (by December), so hopefully around January or so, he may have a job down here for the next school year. I think we had some sort of food after that. Then I had a stupid mandatory loan thing at school. Matt tagged along and we sat in the back. Only Carey and Betsy were there, so that is all he got to meet. We went to Target because we had time. Cali Taco has happy hour from 4-5, so we went for some tacos and margaritas. We also drove to a sketchy sketchy sketchy part of town to rent some movies. We also got pizza and a bottle of wine from a store with a heavily armed guard at the front door. On the way home, we saw more than a glimpse of a prostitute working a not very busy corner. I am pretty sure Matt no longer wants to move to Omaha.

Saturday - We went to school so that I could do some homework. I got some done. We then found out that Matt's phone bill is going to be even more ridiculous then mine. Whoops. Then again, not all my fault since he has friends other than myself. Whoops. I made the executive decision for him to switch to Verizon. It will be much better that way. We went to Noodles for lunch, to Target for a mini fridge, and to some other mall for some shopping. I think a guy got tackled by mall security in the parking lot. Again, I swear Omaha is safe. We did mass at Creighton where the homily was 3 minutes long because the priest forgot it was his weekend. Whoops. Dinner followed at the Dundee Dell. Not a very nice waitress, but the food was good.
We went on a walk around the neighborhood during which we saw thousands of sparrows swarming in the sky. Frightening. Home for a nap and then out to the Crescent Moon for the night.

Sunday - Church at one of Matt's places. Since he is going to be moving, he figures we better try a few places out so he can see which ones he likes. It was interesting. He swears they don't do Eucharist every week, but both times I have gone with him, they have. I think it is a sign that they are supposed to be doing it more. We tried hard to port his number over to Verizon, but they told us that they couldn't do it there and keep his area code. Which is weird, because I ported my Spokane number from Sprint to Verizon when I was in Denver. I think they just didn't want the hassel. Whatever. He said he will do it tomorrow afternoon. We had a good walk that afternoon, and then went to Balls of Fury Sunday night. My review: meh. It would have been better with Jack Black. See it on DVD, not in the theater.

Today - we did nothing.

Lessons learned: I blew my entire September budget already. Verizon in Omaha is a jerk. Don't listen to Amanda. Distance is going to be hard but totally do-able.

Time to actually do some HW!!!

No comments: