9.19.2007

Sigh

So these have been some trying days. Monday afternoon/evening I didn't do much. Cali Taco was good. I came home and did a little catch up studying. That was about it though. Yesterday, however, was one of those down days they talk about. And I mean real down. I had a pediatrics interest group meeting at 530 (it was good) and then met with my lab table at 7. My friends were going into the lab at the same time, and I was going to meet up with them when my table got done with our TA. Little did I know that working with the latter would give me a sense of "Well S***, I'm F*****." I really felt totally awful. There were 8 of us working with one TA, which means when she is quizzing us, someone knows everything. Not the same person all the time, but a structure never goes unnamed. For those of us who are slow on our feet (literally and figuratively), this was awful. I never had enough time to think of stuff. Plus, they were pointing out structures I had never heard of. So I go back to my friends about an hour later almost in tears. I then went home still in a panic and proceeded just to have a down, busy, late night.

I met with just my friends this time after lab today. MUCH better. Amber is the greatest life saver in the world. She has taken this before, TA'd it in undergrad, and is overall a genius. It was great. I learned much more. Awesome. Things are tons better today. Had some good talks and am feeling much better about school and about life. Except for the fact that I tried to cut my thumb off in lab. Oops. We replaced the blade on my knife. Oops. Don't worry; it is still on. Okay, enough of a break. Study time

No comments: