9.06.2007

Quiz 2 tomorrow

I know it is pretty early for an update, but I figured I should be studying tonight and not writing on this. There is a rumor that MDQ 2 is harder than MDQ 1. I also hear a theory though that that is because people do fine on the first because they over study and freak out, and after doing well, they figure they don't have to study as much. Wrong. We will all see how it plays out tomorrow. My groups is the second group. We go at 9. One of the lectures I am a little freaked by is the one on the ANS (I skipped it last Friday). People who went said it was scarier in person. So this afternoon, I pulled out an undergrad neuro book and read through that. I get the main ideas, but if he asks a little nit picky detail, then so be it. Having only question per lecture and not knowing if a professor prefers detail or main idea questions makes it hard to study all the right things all the time.

Today was an easy day. Anatomy lecture in the morning that actually made sense to me (maybe a first) followed by MCB small groups. Wow did I not prepare well enough for that. We were discussing cystic fibrosis. I read up on it, looked at the definitions they told us to, looked at some treatments. Still though, I was unprepared. I need to do a lot more reading for these. It was all interesting, but it was a lot we haven't learned yet about anatomy or biochemistry. I got thrown a two part question. I kind of did part 1 fast without detail and then answered part 2 to the best of my ability. One of the proctors stops me and has me go over part 1 more in more detail and then opens the second part to the class. They all answered the second part the same way I did though, yet I didn't really get much acknowledgment for my correct answer. I am not saying I need praise, but I do need the occasional pat on the head saying that I was close. ** Sigh **

We then got the results of our PEPS (don't ask what it stands for, I don't know). It sort of tells us what kind a studier we are. I only had 6 extremes out of 20. Apparently, I prefer noise, cool temps, I don't like structure or auditory learning, I do like visual learning and I need mobility. None of that surprised me except for the structure thing. I LOVE writing up schedules. I love organizing my time. (then again, that stresses me out way more). What it really means though is that I can do just fine if there are no defined objectives, due dates, or anything like that. Only 3% of us were like this. 75% preferred structure. I felt left out. That was it for the day though.

I am still fighting with the AC. Also, I am pretty sure Bub has fallen off the face of the earth. Also, Melissa and Christopher sent me their engagement announcement. They aren't getting married til August of 2009, but heck, I'll be there. Their picture is adorable too. In awesome news, Auntie Ann and Uncle John sent me cookies and a card. Thanks! And in case anyone was wondering, Matt's dad gets my full approval. Back to studying.

No comments: