4.01.2008

Practical

Today's practical went way better (I think) than the last one. I just barely passed the last one, but I didn't have any of those "oh crap" moments on this one like I did on the last. It felt good. Quiz on Monday went well. Leaving the room I felt only okay. Seeing my score, I was pleased. Checking my answers today, I was pissed. All but one of my errors were completely stupid/last minute switches/talked myself out of the right answer. Idiot. Again though, I am like neuro because I can reason my way through a lot of stuff by just understanding the basics/anatomy. It feels like I am actually using my knowledge and not just regurgitating facts. Go me!

Matt finally got back from DC. They all got stuck in Minneapolis for a long time last night due to snow. He got home at about 4 this morning (which felt like 7 to him). He didn't have to go to work at least. In the end, the airline lost all (50+ people on this trip) their luggage. All of it. They ended up getting it back this afternoon, but Matt was silly and packed his keys in his luggage. Oops. That means he had to call his parents so they could give him his spare. Glad he didn't call me.

Volunteering went well this morning. Early on, she said she didn't like writing, but I thought it would be a good idea to make her do it anyway. Heck, it isn't like you start to write less as you go through school (except now...I never write). So I had her write a sentence and then modify it with "fun" words. I don't really remember when you learn parts of speech or parts of a sentence. She was good with parts of speech but not so much with the sentence parts. That whole subject part was confusing I think. We only did it with 2 sentences because I didn't want to make her tired of it. I told her we are going to do it again next time. We will see how it goes.

Neuro midterm on Monday. Time to get to business

1 comment:

Robert said...

make her dissect sentences. that always helps you with what the subject is!