4.24.2008

Blah

I shouldn't really write these things this late at night because I forget all the good stuff I am going to say. To start out, I am just going to say that I like Baker's more than HyVee. Those are our two main grocery chains here. We have other ones that are kind of "bag your own" sketch, but I choose not to shop there. HyVee, for some reason, just rubs me the wrong way (other than the animal crackers....sooooooooooo good). The lights, the set ups, the tags for prices. I just don't like it.

It is starting to get humid in Omaha. Blow. As I was telling Meghan this morning, it makes me think that I am living on the east coast. But then I remember that nothing cool is going on tonight as it probably would be on the coast. Damn you Omaha. Damn you. I think this is just more evidence for my argument that Omaha is confused about its identity. I'm just waiting for it to grow out of its college years and become what it is meant to me. Of course I will judge, but heck, I am moving away in 3 years...I don't care.

A lot of the M4s are having garage sales since they are moving. I am so tempted to go buy stuff. And then I remember that my room is tiny, and I have nowhere to put all that stuff no matter how cool/cheap it is.

I did volunteering today instead of Tuesday. We finished the book, so I am kind of lost as to what to do for the next two weeks. I told her that we are going to work on writing next week and that the week after we will work on drawing...which means I need to learn to teach her to draw. If anyone has good websites for that, let me know. Remember, she is in second grade. She can't draw a very straight line. Lets keep it simple. No shading. K thanks.

Our lectures all week have been about drugs and the nervous system. A lot of this stuff pertains to anesthesiology, which I am interested in. It makes it much easier to pay attention, but it really just makes me want to be ahead a few years.

I am starting to feel sick. I'll check you fools later.

No comments: