4.19.2008

Golden Apple

Med school prom is tonight. Okay, it isn't exactly prom. I can drink this time ;) I kid, I kid. Golden Apple involves awards for students, election results, and a dinner. And then dancing. Whoop. Plus, I'm not wearing a prom dress. I'm wearing the same dress I wear for most things. A lot of people are going more semi-formal, so I don't feel bad about it.

Last night a whole bunch of us went to Fernando's for dinner to meet Renee's friend/boyfriend. Like I've said before, I wouldn't know good Mexican food if it bit me in the butt. It was typical. I got the grande quesadilla. I should have gotten the grilled quesadilla. It looked way better.

This morning we had the memorial service for all the people who donated their bodies for our anatomy lab. It was the med school, dental, pt, occupational therapy, and then anatomy grad students. At the reception we all had a chance to meet the families. It is the choice of the family to meet the tank, but ours chose not to. That is completely fine. Even though I am eternally grateful for the gift of their family members, I think it would have been weird.

Okay, off to get girlie. It sucks not having Amanda here to do my hair. Looks like straight and down it is.

No comments: