4.17.2008

Addiction is ugly

The internet has come and gone all afternoon/evening. I thought "oh, this will be great. I'll get a lot done. Sweet!" But then our little friend addiction comes crawling along. It seeps into everything you try to study. Nothing can distract you from it; it won't leave you alone. Changing the volume of your speakers makes you think about it. Getting a snack makes you think about it. I am sure had I napped, I would have dreamt of it. Of course I have the will power of a wet sock, and I give in every single time. How I hate myself. My eyes hurt. My brain has been sucked dry of everything I tried to learn today. Darn you addiction!!!! What I have learned today: don't take me to Vegas. Okay, so I became newly addicted to solitaire vegas style with compiled scores. Oh my goodness. Got my bank up to $550. And then I fell. At $371 right now. This could get ugly. I think I need to study at school

In other news, grand rounds today = rain. Cold rain too. But this weekend is supposed to be super nice (talking 70s here baby!!!!) Gotta remind myself to study. Okay, I guess I should get into bed soon maybe???? Going to try to get stuff done tomorrow afternoon. Then going out to dinner with some peoples. Saturday is totally shot as far as studying goes: memorial service at 10. Brunch after that. Golden Apple starts at 530. Maybe pregame before that. Blop.

No comments: