11.04.2007

Back to real life

Blah. Back to real life. Not actually a fan. Weekend was great. Awesome weather. I'll give you a brief run down.

Matt got in Friday afternoon. We did dinner with the girls since it was Amber's bday. We then went out for drinks afterwards at Upstream. I was driving, however, so I just had rootbeer. It was good. We then rented Mr. Brooks. I had never heard of it As you know, Matt and I don't always pick the best movies. This one, however, was good. Worth renting I do believe. Little violent though, so watch out. Saturday involved errands and nothing much. Of course there was food. I wanted to take him to Texas Roadhouse, and Betsy loves that place, so we double dated. She and her bf Jon joined us. The only one in Omaha is kind of far away, but it was worth it. I got ribs. MMMMMMMM. I am glad we called ahead for seating because the wait was ridiculous. He and I then went to American Gangster. Another violent movie for the two of us. It wasn't my type of move, but Matt wanted to see it, so I made this tiny sacrifice. Wasn't bad. Always weird to see Denzel Washington as not a good guy.

This morning Matt and I went to an AG (assemblies of God) church. We had never gone to this one, and it was better than the last one we tried. Sermon was really long, and for us Catholics who are used to 5 minutes tops, I was on the verge of needing a snack break. They had a guest preacher guy who tried to call Matt out. I will explain (kinda long, you don't have to read if you don't want to). At the end of these services, they invite people to come up who need some extra praying and then the preacher or his helper-bees pray individually with these people. Right before the main pastor begins his invite, the guest preacher says that before the service he felt that there were 3 people God was trying to heal physically. Yes, I know we are all rolling our eyes right now. He listed 3 people: man with back pain, woman with lupus type thing, and man with chest tightness/heart problems. Now Matt doesn't have the best of hearts, and don't worry, I am doing enough nagging to try and fix this problem. Just the night before I had had a talk with him about it after he had a little fluttering. Anyway when the guy first says man with chest pain, I don't think much of it because there are a lot of older people at the service. When no one raises their hand, I still don't think much. The preacher guy then, however, points to our section (not that many men in our area) saying he feels that the man is over there. No, no one was falling on knees being healed or talking in tongues. This is the first time I have seen this at one of these churches. Matt said he thought I was going to make him raise his hand. I didn't. I don't like people looking at me.

That was long, sorry. Rest of the day involved football and not much else. Blah. Didn't do well on the MDQ last Friday, and not because I didn't study. I just didn't study the right things. I passed the MCB part but failed the anatomy. Sad. I did have more room for slippage in anatomy though. Going to try to not do what I did after the last set of tests (aka - not study ever). Okay, I am done.

No comments: