10.30.2007

2/3 done!!!

I am 2/3 of the way through this semester. How crazy is that. While time seems to crawl most of the time, when I look at it in terms of the big picture, it has moved rather quickly. Onto business

So I did a lot better on the written than I was expecting to. I was elated when I saw more score. Plus, we are getting at least one of my wrong ones back (miss keyed) and maybe even one or two more. If we get three back, I will be even more excited. The practical was the practical. We don't get those results back for a little bit, so no use in really talking much about it. I felt as if I passed. It wasn't as bad as previous classes talked it up. The thing is, every artery in the abdomen is really just named for where it is going. The hard part is finding where it is going. NOTE: possibly some graphicness ahead in reference to lab. We have started into head and neck. I quickly got over the whole seeing-the-face thing...mostly because we are now just down to the muscle. I don't like the hair part though, a little too real then. Tomorrow, on Halloween, we take the brain out. Ahhhhhhh. I hear it is going to take a long time. Tomorrow will be a practice in patience.

Today we did our CV evaluation with a partner. Our doc was cool and didn't make me and Liz actually do the exam on each other. He asked us questions and had us show him where to listen and stuff, but we didn't have to pretend to actually be doing an exam, which was nice. I took a nap this afternoon; it was too long.

Yesterday was Amy's birthday, so we had dinner at her house. Champagne and wine and lasagna and cake. It was good. Early night though. We all crashed by 10. I had to come home, however, and write note service for ethics. Boooooo. This week is a busy one. Quiz on Friday, which I hear covers 18 lectures. That is almost more than what was on the anatomy exam. Ick. Matt comes in town this weekend though...YAY!!! Back to studying then so that I don't have to do much when he is here.

No comments: