1.29.2008

Quick

First: Happy 21st to Bo!!!!! Yay for you! Boooooooo for Manda, Bub, Allison D., and I. **Sigh** no more warm bagel bites. I guess I'll get over it.

Second: This is going to be quick. School is school. The quiz this week is going to be long, but I just gotta "strap it up" as Matt would say. We had EBM (stats) small group today. I love hearing people defend their answers to questions. It is funny how much we science people like to read and reread and over-read sentences. Fun times. I interviewed today in IPE -- sexual history...that wasn't awkward at all. The thing is, you go in knowing that you are supposed to be asking those type of questions, so it is really easy to miss the basics: "how long? where? medications?" That type of stuff. My case was pretty straight forward though, so I don't think I did too badly. Also, I got to practice my "Do you have sex with men, women, or both?" question. I was wondering when I was going to get to use that one.

On Monday I finally got to meet with my menteeeeeee (as Bo likes to call things like that). She is very very quiet. I know I have no room to be talking but still. She is in 2nd grade and is a good reader. Already reading the Harry Potters and such. She also likes art. So I suggested that we read a chapter book together and then illustrate it together. She got kind of excited at that, so hopefully this will work out. I don't know if it advanced enough for her, but I may make her write captions and stuff with new vocab words etc. I don't know, I'm not a teacher. Worked out this morning. That was hard to do. What else.....Bought my ticket for spring break. Thanks to M&D ("Santa") for the Wells Fargo gift card. That came in very handy. Um...that wasn't short. Sorry.

No comments: