1.21.2008

Best Day Ever!!!!

So, you may ask why? Well......Matt got the JOB!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhh so excited. He went in on Friday and was there for an hour (I walked around Home Depot...it was fun). They told him they would call by the end of the day. 5 rolls around. No call. He had no clue what it would be. They really loved him on the phone, and he didn't do anything awful during the person to person. We reasoned a lot of stuff but tried not to get our hopes up. Then he got a call today when at the airport saying they couldn't get a hold of his contacts. He gave them better numbers, and a little bit later, BAM, he has a job!!!! We are both super excited. Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers etc. Whoop whoop.

As for the weekend, it was a good time. I did really well on the quiz on Friday. I was all caught up on everything, so I didn't have to do any studying really. Friday involved the interview and Cali Taco with the girls. Jon (Betsy's bf) and Brendon (Amy's bf) were in town. Later we walked to Amy's for a night full of fun and catch phrase. I said I had to be on Matt's team; not because we are attached at the hip but because I didn't want to get super competitive. As for the walking...trust me...the Midwest is in a deep freeze. It was about -5 that night. -20 on Saturday night. Brrrrrrr.

Saturday involved not much. Going to the mall. Driving to Iowa for an adventure. Dinner out at Texas Roadhouse with the same people from the night before. It was close to Brendon's bday, so we told them that. He had to get on a saddle. Imagine a 6'3 marine on a saddle. Hilarious. Sunday involved church and movies. We rented Shoot 'Em Up. Let me tell you - not your typical action movie. That is all I'm going to say. Yay for this week being not as intense. Matt was supposed to leave at 2:45. He still hasn't gotten on a flight. Hope he makes it home. Well. That is all

No comments: