2.20.2008

I don't really have that much to add today. Getting closer to freedom, that is for sure. We again didn't have much real class today. Very nice. We did get to do our fun male GU exam today though. The doctor guiding us with our patient told us a lot of people weren't getting in there enough. All I can say is: glad I am not a guy/glad I don't have to get that done to me. Yes, I have my own girl issues, but I don't have to turn and cough. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Except for one over-aggressive girl in the group, the girls seemed to be able to do the entire exam a little bit better. Take that as you will. The breast exam was a breast exam. We ran out of time on the rectal (it was a silicon model), so we didn't have a lot of time. That fake prostrate was hard to feel. Again: glad I'm not a guy.

I also had the M4 musculoskeletal practice tonight. We did joint movement etc. I was pretty ready when we got to the knee just because I've had it done so many times to me. By the way mom, you owe me a slurpee. I relaxed very very well :D In reality though, that whole checking the meniscus is harder than you think. It is hard to keep the hip from rotating rather than the knee. I guess it just comes with practice. Renee was practicing on my full intact knee (not like any of us M1's would even know how to tell if anything were wrong). I then tried to go workout and was suppppperrrrr pissed when I left my shoes at home. Grrrrrr

So all Omaha and Millard public and private schools were canceled today. You want to know why? Cold. Freeze your butt off cold. Starting my car this morning: -30. Oh my goodness. No, we still had school. My car did start, which was good, but when I went to go in reverse (after warming it up for a bit), my clutch disappeared. I thought I had imagined it, but no, my clutch got stuck. I got it back out with a little gentle love, but still, that was no fun. This is why I need a garage.

#2: no-stick-spray, at least the kroger brand. There is nothing worse than getting so excited to make cornmuffins that will be all cute and pop out just fine and then having only half of them come out. Blow.

No comments: