2.23.2008

I am just about as addicted to craigslist as you can be. no, i'm not talking personals here but more the housing and furniture. It makes me smile and laugh when I see how much some people are trying to charge for some things. Yes, go ahead and charge that much if you can, but if buyers would just read the postings, they would see how much cheaper they could get things. I see a lot of this: "Bought new for $600 8 years ago. Moderate use. Asking $500." Really?? In 8 years, not only has that table gone out of style but it has definitely depreciated more than $100. I also like the switch from "old" to "vintage." Call it vintage (or antique) and you can charge $300 more. It's amazing. A lot of times, I want to email these people and tell them how ridiculous they are. But I don't. Heck, if you can trick someone into buying it for that much, more power to ya.

The drive to Kearney was good. Tammi and I did a lot of talking. It had been almost 3 years since I had talked to her, so it was good to catch up. I am very grateful that I don't go to school in Lincoln...or Kearney. This was the first time I had seen Kearney in the light. Just about as boring as it is in the dark. The girls played well but lost in the end. It was good to see them all again. Made me miss it a little bit more. Well...I don't miss the losing. They did have nice travel suits that I was super jealous of. The car got good freeway gas mileage, so it makes me think less that my car is broken.

The anesthesiology thing on Friday was really good. I listened to some student presentations, of which I understood about 5% and then talked to one of the docs. She made me want to go into it more. Problem is, 4th year is your only time to really get exposure to it. And with more and more Creighton students going into it, it is hard to get that elective rotation early in the 4th year. Yes, I know I am thinking 2.5 years ahead, but whatever. Other than that, I have just been studying all weekend. Whelp, see ya later.

No comments: