8.28.2008

I'm lazy

I know I haven't been great at updating. Sorry. This past weekend was Betsy's Bday. We went out for Greek food, had awesome cake, and then went out to a piano bar. You know what? I'm still not a fan of Greek food. Give me meet, humus, and a pita, I'm fine. Put weird veggies and sauces on it? I'm not fine. Sorry if I am unadventurous.

This week has just kind of flown by. We have a quiz next Wednesday (our only ID quiz), and it counts for a bit. We've learned about 50 bugs and 30 drugs. I feel like I know zero of them. I'm just hoping my recall button on the inside of my brain is working come next week. I know you are all saying, "Dude, that is almost a week away." The thing is, I'm going home for the weekend to celebrate my parents' 30th wedding anniversary. Let me tell you, as much as I say I will study well at home...I doubt that is going to happen. I like my family too much to study around them. I'm sure I can squeeze a little in.

On top of that, I have to do note service for a lecture next Wednesday (yes, after the quiz), and then go to clinic on Thursday. All in all, next week is going to be a Diet Mt Dew week (don't worry, I bought some at Baker's today). What else has happened........um.......not much. BUT, we do have 2 movie reviews!!!!


Dan in Real Life
I thought this was going to be a lot funnier. And less like a romantic comedy. But alas, it was a romantic comedy. That is fine and all, just not what I was expecting. It of course had those super awkward moments where you wanted to scream. Matt didn't get why his daughters were so angry all the time. I explained to him that that is what teenage girls are really like to their parents. He doesn't have sisters. He has no clue about these things. I guess I give it a 6/10. If asked specifically about it, and you had no other options, I would suggest it. There you go.

The Cell yes, the one w/ J Lo from 2000
This, of course, was Matt's choice. He has something for J Lo. Don't ask me why. This movie got me asking myself, "would this be better if I were taking drugs?" The jury is still out on that one. There is definitely a lot of symbolism (I think) in that movie. It would be really awesome if you could actually go inside someone else's brain, but let's face it, I don't think that is anything possible in the near future. I thought J Lo did a fine job. Sometimes though, she overacts her "tired" scenes. I never feel like she is actually exhausted. Faker. Vince Vaughn is weird to see in a serious role, but he did it well. As I've said with other movies, I like closure for the most part. This one didn't give me the best closure. It wasn't too long (1h47m), because trust me, it could have been really drawn out. They just kind of jumped right into the action, which was a good thing. Okay, I gotta go study or something. Oh......6.43/10

No comments: