8.01.2008

Friday

Today really felt like a Saturday to me. Maybe it was because Matt was hungover most of the day. Hmmmmmmm. Last night, Matt, Amber, JC, and I, went to an Omaha Royals game. It was thirsty Thursday meaning $1 beers and sodas. That was fun. What was more fun is that I didn't drive. Woooooo. Since the Royals got more than 10 hits we also got free bowling! I got 2 free bowling things because the guy passing them out was joking around with Matt. Yeah for having a slightly embarrassing boyfriend! We then spent the rest of the day trying to get Matt back to 100%. I think we just got there about an hour ago.

In terms of cooking, we made pulled pork this week (tues?). Trust me, that stuff has gone a long way. We have made about 9 sandwiches and still have some left over. I even made humbows with the meat. No Mom, they weren't quite as good as yours, but for a first try, they didn't turn out too bad. The dough didn't rise very much, which disappointed me. Also, I don't have a rolling pin, so the dough was a little thick (so gooey once steamed). While I like that, that isn't the way they are supposed to be. Worth the effort in the future though.

MOVIE REVIEW Batman Begins
I want to see the new Batman movie, but I thought I should see this one first. I hear it isn't necessary, but I thought I should still do it. I give it an 8.4 out of 10. It was nice knowing that the new movie also has Batman as well as Gotham City in it making this one a little less tense for me. I knew he and the city had to survive. Otherwise, I would have been worried the whole time. It was weird seeing Liam Neeson as a bad guy. Even though it was made in 2005 (?) I thought the graphics/special effects where a little lacking. While Christian Bale was fairly attractive, I didn't find myself really wanting to hang out with him. His weakness was compassion or something like that, but personally he didn't ooze compassion. He just had some. I'm not a big fan of Katie Holmes, but she wasn't really a distraction. Overall, I really liked it and am now super excited to go see the new one.

No comments: