9.03.2008

Quiz 1

The weekend was wonderful. I got in to Spokane late on Friday. All 6 of us then went to Denny's of course. The usual. It was great to have us all in the same place even if it was only for 36 hours or so. Saturday involved working out and the anniversary "get together." Mom refused to call it a party. Don't ask me why. We took (hopefully) the pic for the family Christmas card as well. We had mass at the chapel where M&D got married. There were 30+ people there. That was more than were present at the real event 30 years ago. Weird. The singing group from Sacred Heart did the music, which was beautiful. My dad cried, mom didn't shed a tear, Uncle Steve put us on the spot. Jerk face. We then went up to the Manito Country Club for dinner. Drinks and appetizers first of course. You always know dinner will be good when Dad is in charge of telling others what to make. For dinner we all got huge steaks done just perfectly. Oh my goodness. I haven't eaten that much red meat in a long time. No one at my end of the table (other than Uncle John) even came close to finishing theirs. I got to chat with my cousin Austine for a little bit. She and her boyfriend are both 4th year med students at Loyola. It was great just to hear that one day things will be much better. And more fun.

Sunday involved...working out. And of course tons of food. The baby Busches weren't at the party, but all 6 of them were Letterboxing on the South Hill on Sunday. They were having trouble finding the one in Cliff Park, so Mom, Bo, Bub, Manda, and I went over to help them. Low and behold, Bo (and Nick and Emmy and I) managed to find it. Really though, we pretty much grew up in that park. If we couldn't find it, I don't know who could have. We said goodbye to Bo Sunday afternoon. Back to Regis for him. Good choice Bo. Transferring to GU is lame. Then we went to Pig Out. I managed to pretty much eat a funnel cake all by myself. Then I went in to a food coma. No good. We watched amazing shows on squid that night. Colossal squid are scarier than Giant squid. Just trust me on this one. Sad faced, I returned to Omaha on Monday afternoon.

I got in at about 8. I then should have studied. Instead, Matt and I watched a movie. Review to follow. Yesterday involved hectic studying. Tons of bugs. Tons of drugs. All of them crossing in my head. Today was the quiz. My section went at 8. It is hard to say whether or not I like going first. I like sleeping in, but at the same time I hate sitting around while people get out of the quiz and talk about it. In the end, it went just fine. Passed. They post the answers tomorrow. We'll see how mad I am at myself then.

The Lord of War
Okay, if I were someone who got a little more politcally riled up, this movie definitely would have gotten me talking a lot. I had never heard of it, but Matt had. Basically, Nicholas Cage becomes an arms dealer. The story is a little weak in actually explaining that part, but maybe that was the point - there is no way to explain how some one gets involved in something like that. It says it is "based on true events," but that is pretty vague. There was some lots of violence (tons of it only alluded to) and some blood; not too bad on the whole there. Part of you wants him to get caught; part of you doesn't...in the beginning. Then by the end, you want him to get caught. I can't tell you what happens though. It was pretty entertaining altogether. It will rile you up if you want it too as well. Overall, I would recommend it, so I will give it a 7.25/10.

No comments: