8.23.2008

First week done

Happy late bday to my dad on the 19th. And President Clinton. Whoop.

So I have finished the first week. It was nice because we only had 3 classes every day. I did have lab from 3-5 on Tues and Thurs, which blew, but other than that it hasn't been bad. This stuff is much more interesting than last year, so it doesn't seem as bad. I still have extra time on my hands, which I hear will slowly disappear in our other courses. The problem is, Infectious Diseases makes me more of a germ freak. There are so many flipping bugs on our skin and in our mouth and every where. I am surprised we don't get sick more often. Then again, taking Host Defense last year, I know all the cool tools our body has to fight. Well...I used to know those tools.

Last night we had our first Vital Signs Mentoring Program event. This is a new thing at Creighton. It is a way of hooking up younger students with older students as well as faculty mentors. You are in the groups with your M1 buddy, several other M2/M1 buddies, a few M3/M4 peer mentors and a few faculty members. Our faculty is actually the interim dean, which is pretty cool. The even last night was very misplaced (really???? Friday night???), but it went well. I think it is a great idea. I never once met my buddy last year. That was a bad thing. I hope my buddy as well as the other M1s can feel comfortable asking the M2s anything. We will see how it goes.

My first weekend will involve some light studying as well celebrating Betsy's birthday. We are going for Greek. I've never really had Greek.

MOVE REVIEW!!!!! Lars and the Real Girl
This was my pick. If you are looking for action packed movies or super laugh out loud movies, this isn't the movie for you. It is a little slow at first and makes you question your life choices. But it gets better. The entire time, you aren't sure if all this is really happening or what. It will always make me remember what a delusion is, that's for sure. Fixed false belief. The entire time, I was waiting for something bad to happen. I kind of like that feeling, or else the movie could get quite boring. In the end, it was really cute. I would give it a 7.5/10. The humor is subtle but well placed. Sometimes you feel bad laughing, but it's okay. It is just a movie. If you are looking for a cute movie I would definitely recommend it.

No comments: