1.30.2012

3 foods

No, I am not reviewing 3 different restaurants. I am talking about something much more serious: the 3 foods you would eat for the rest of your life. As I stated previously, there are 2 questions that tell you a lot about a person - what one animal would you be and this one. It is sort of like the "desert island game" from The Office. Say you were stuck on a desert island. You had anything you wanted to drink (no milkshakes or protein shakes but milk, soda, water...maybe some booze) but could only pick 3 things to eat for the rest of your life. 'Things' here isn't limited to one item. More like little meals. Not 'lobster AND steak AND chicken fingers.' More like ritz crackers and tuna or burger and fries. I mean items that sort of go hand in hand already. I know, I put a lot of rules on this thing, but it is my game. So tough. My 3 foods, in no particular order, are:

-Gang Garee Gai from Linnie's Thai Cuisine in Spokane. I. LOVE. THIS. CURRY. It is hands down my favorite for ever and ever. Why do I love it so much? A) It is yellow curry. You don't see these as often in my opinion. B) The chicken is so incredibly tender to the N-th degree. C) It is so simple yet so tasty. Chicken. Potatoes. Yum. I haven't been able to find this anywhere else actually. I can find similar dishes, but they almost always have onions in them. yeah, I love onions, but it just isn't the same. I can eat this stuff morning, noon, and night. With or without rice. One-star spicy. Four (out of five) star spicy. Just give it to me

-Stacy's pita chips and hummus. Yep. Again, simple. Salty and delicious. I am gonna need something to snack on on the island when I am getting my tan on. Plus, if I end of having drop in guests, it is so easy just to pull this stuff out :D

-Chocolate chip pancakes (no syrup) and peanut butter milkshakes from Arny's in Spokane (which no longer exists). No place does them like Arny's did them. It was part old flat top grill, part recipe, part love. Nothing could beat those pancakes. I make chocolate chip pancakes often; they will never compare to these. And the peanut butter milkshake? Perfectly thick but still drinkable through a straw. Just enough peanut butter. Just enough ice cream. Sadly, none of you will ever get to experience these. I would give...um...$100 for Arny's to open again and make me these things. Regardless, this is a game, and I can still request these. Breakfast - the most important meal of the day on the desert island.

Thoughts? Comments? Your own "3 foods"? Ask this at your next get together. I am sure you will get plenty of fun answers...that you can openly judge

No comments: