1.01.2012

One. More. Night.

Yep. That's it. One more night of night float. If you have been following me, it may seem as if it has been all lollipops and rainbows. While I have enjoyed time off during the day time to, well, bake & cook, I am ready to be home, in my own bed (nearly) every night. I am ready to not be awoken at 3am. I am ready to not be constantly worried that something bad is going to happen. Sometime I wonder what all this stress does to us...

For the past 3.5 years, every month has brought change, which, at least with me, brings with it a considerable amount of stress. M2 year it was a new systems based class every month. M3&M4 it was a new rotation - how were the attendings going to be? Were the residents going to make us stay til 8pm? Intern year is it also a new rotation but with a lot more weight on my shoulders. On Wednesday I will return to the land of real pants and dress shoes, and I can feel those slight tinges of stress in my body. Like my other siblings, I grind my teeth and hold my stress in my jaw. The past few days have resulted in a very sore jaw needless to say. The sad(?) part is, this will go on for another 3.5 years until the end of residency. I am fairly good at finding outlets for my stress (baking, working out), so at least I have that going for me?

I am making gumbo for dinner, and my friend Sarah is coming over. I half this recipe, yet it still makes approx 1 butt load of gumbo. Ergo, I will be eating gumbo til the cows come home. I am actually really only making this so that I have something with which to serve beer bread. I am usually always thinking about carbs. Sigh. 

I am hoping that I keep updating this much once I start UniMed on Wednesday :( Also, there have been very few restaurant reviews this past week, because, well, without Matt, I don't eat out that much

No comments: