5.26.2008

Long weekend

Long weekend. Sorry for the lack of update. Matt was in town, and he doesn't really like just sitting around. He got on stand-by on an earlier flight on Thursday, which meant I got to leave work even earlier. That was nice. We got paid on Thursday. They didn't pay me enough. I am upset about it. Kinda. This weekend involved a lot of food (more to come tonight) and some mediocre weather. It always seemed on the verge of raining, which sucked.

On Friday, Matt and I went to go see the Spokane Falls. Holy crap. They were are a record high. The river peaked on Friday at 1pm, so they are on their way down. Still. Huge. So powerful. I am always in awe of water. I blame that on the fact that both of my astrological planets (everyone has 2) are Neptune, the water planet. Now I don't really believe in astrology that much, but I do find it weird that I could spend all day in a lake and not mind at all. Go Neptune!!!!!

Saturday morning, Mom, Matt, and I went to Riverside State Park to hike around. Thanks to our great skills, we managed to get Mom across the bridge. We hiked around for about an hour and then went to Franks Diner. It was a good day. Saturday night was...weird. At about 1am or so, Matt and I are watching Sleepless In Seattle and cuddling when we hear loud noises outside. We look out the window and see some shirtless kid throwing rocks at passing cars. He hit our house with one. Turkey. At that point, we called the cops and woke M&D up. Dad, trying to live out his dream of becoming a cop, changes and is out the door into his car in about 1min. He and Matt drive like mad men. They find the kid at the same time the cops did. All in all, it was a pretty adrenaline-full night. Roomba then scared the poop out of us when we were all trying to fall asleep. Jerk.

Yesterday was pretty lazy. The power went out here for a while. We were worried. For our beer. This morning, we met up with Matt's cousin training to become a priest. We ate a little breakfast and then went to see the rectory by Lourdes where he is living for the summer. After failing at trying to get in the door, someone answers it. Low and behold, it was the Bishop. I looked like a scrub. Hope I don't go to hell for that one. He was eating Cheerios.

No comments: