9.16.2008

Heme/Onc

I survived ID!!!!! Yay!!!!! Final was yesterday. It went just fine. I'll be interested to see what the class average was. The quiz average was pretty low, but I think that is because the style of question is much different from last year. They are much more about applying your knowledge and not just route memorization. With one quiz under our belts, I'm sure the average for the final will be quite higher. We'll find out though

Today was the first day of hematology/oncology. Last year it was 4 weeks. We cram the same number of lectures into 3 weeks this year. Oh fun. Also, they planned this really "well." I go from thinking I have some sort of virus that is going to wipe me out to thinking that I have cancer. Thanks guys. Really, thanks. The first day was rough. I haven't heard a lot of these words before, so I need to get the basics down before I can actually know what they are talking about. Annoying. We are starting to get into areas now, however, where I feel no one in the class has a strong background. More even playing field I feel like.

Even though I studied all weekend, I managed to watch 2 movies.....

Gone Baby Gone
I liked this one. It wasn't as action packed as I thought it was going to be, but I still enjoyed it. The girlfriend was a bit annoying and rarely added anything good to the conversation, but that was the only character I didn't like. They totally got you thinking that you figured the "twist" out...and then the real twist comes. It was good. I wasn't expecting that at all. It really got you asking whether or not it was okay to bend rules in certain cases, but then you have to do that whole philosophical "if everyone bent the rules" thing. Whatever. I hate philosophy. I give it a 7.8/10. I would have liked a little more action.

Michael Clayton
Matt had seen this one, but he wanted me to see it too. This one starts you out 4 days later and then goes back 4 days to show you how we got there. I kept forgetting all that and would get really confused. As with the previous movie, I would have like a little more action. A bit slow at times for me. I thought the plot though was very original and confusing enough to keep you watching. Thank goodness Matt was there, or I would have had to watch it twice. I was pretty confused for a while. I'm going to go ahead and give this one a 7.5/10. To tell you the truth, I have no clue how consistent I am with those numbers. I'm just kind of making it up each time.

No comments: