10.06.2008

Done!

With Heme/Onc that is. The final was today!! Didn't do quite as hot as I wanted to, but that is okay. Let's just say I'm not going into this field. As a little side note, my jaw dropped when I found out that there are some leukemias that we don't treat. We just "observe." That just seems weird to me. What if the patient really really wants treatment? I just find it strange. We start Cardio tomorrow. It is our longest course at 5 weeks. I hope/think I am going to find this more intersting, so I think that will make it easier to study...maybe. I just had a hard time getting excited about blood. Maybe that is just me.

Speaking of blood...what is up with HBO lately. I feel that they have really gone down hill lately. Firstly, they rarely show movies anymore I feel like. They still show a lot of sex shows, which really isn't that out of the norm. They have been showing tons of this vampire crap though. Why are vampires so hot lately? Then they'll have specials on making the show, and they interview these people who I am pretty sure really believe in and follow vampire mythology. They say things completely seriously such as "Some vampires sleep in coffins, but not all of them do." Completely straight faced. These aren't vampire historians. These are people who "know and love" vampires. Wow HBO. Wow

Highlight of my week last week was breakfast for dinner on Thursday. Is it sad that that is the best part of me week? Kind of. Matt and I went to a "Young Adults" group thing for St Leo's on Friday night. It is interesting to see the differences between a Catholic small group (we met at a Mexican restuarant and were told about happy hour specials right away) and the non-Catholic one. Both have their positives and negatives though.

Movie review!!!!!!!!! Twelve Monkeys
I had never heard of this one. Therefore, it was Matt's choice. Has Brad Pitt in it. And Bruce Willis. This is kind of another apocaliptic film. Bruce Willis is a convict in 2035 and has to travel back in time to try and ID a virus that wipes out 4 billion people in 1996. Of course as with most time travel films, it had some flaws. Brad Pitt did a good job of playing a crazy person. With the whole time travel thing though, it really gets you thinking about destiny. That is about as deep as I am going to get. Now don't get me wrong, this wasn't a quality film. I'll give it a 3/10. If you find it sitting on your doorstep and have a free afternoon, go ahead and watch it.

No comments: