10.26.2008

Not sure

I'm not really sure if I am sorry about being lazy or not. I'm not like Bo who isn't super busy yet still doesn't update. I'm pretty dang busy. In fact, Matt and I haven't gotten through very many movies on our Netflix lately.

We had our first Cardio quiz last Tuesday. I had heard that 60% of the class failed the first quiz last year, so that didn't really motivate me to study too much. Lucky for me, I did pass. A few of my mistakes were "I read the question too quickly" type of mistakes. Those are always frustrating. The class average was a 73, which is the lowest I have seen for a quiz. We had Monday off as our "fall break," so the weak was nice a short.

I had an OSCE on Thursday. They don't tell you right there if you pass, but I am pretty sure I did. I almost forgot to take her BP, but I figure that is because I never do that at clinic. We had 1 patient simply to interview for 15 min and one to do a focused interview and physical as well as a SOAP note. My SOAP note wasn't awesome I am sure, but it was my first one. Always like to leave a little room for improvement.

Matt and I had a handful of people over on Friday night for a "Death of the Bugs Party." Matt doesn't like bugs and likes to celebrate their death. He also wanted a turkey, and I refused to cook one just for the 2 of us. Pretty much we had Thanksgiving in October. We did the turkey, and everyone else brought side dishes: mashed potatoes, stuffing, cornbread, dessert, salad, etc. It was delicious. It was also the 1st time I cooked a turkey, but it turned out great. Yay me! We have tons of leftovers, so that is what we are eating tonight.

Matt then got sick. Not just too much to drink sick but actually sick. Trust me, he isn't a little bag of sunshine when he is like this. Hasn't been too bad though. Lets me get stuff done. On a brighter note, we finally got some great photos up on our walls. Yay!

Movies
The Mist
Reviews of this said it was horrible. Now, I'm not going to say it was awesome, but it wasn't awful. It was your typical creature horror movie. It was a little predictable in the beginning, but most horror movies are that way. You can tell who is going to die. You can tell who is making a stupid mistake. That sort of thing. The end took me a little by surprise. If you don't want to get hints about the ending, you may want to skip to the next review. As a litte FYI, I would never ever ever shoot myself or kill someone else even if asked unless I know 100% for sure that death is inevitable. I don't mean stuck in the desert or on a raft in the ocean. I mean I am floating out in space and I can't even see any planets or moons. It would have to be that bad people. Not just my car runs out of gas even though we haven't seen the creatures in over 12h. Really people? Really? Anyway, it was decent entertainment. I'll give it a 5.75/10

No Country for Old Men
If you like this movie, please stop reading now and don't call me your friend. Okay, we can still be friends, but I won't respect your choice in movies (as if you respected mine to begin with). I did not like this movie. How did it win best picture or whatever? The premise was stupid. I am pretty sure no one would think about taking a jug of water to a man he saw only 1/3 alive in a hot desert 8 hours ago. Duh he is going to be dead. No, I can't suspend reality for just this one second. Also, I just felt that there was a lot of killing going on for no real reason. We never understood the motivation of that dude. I didn't even know his name. Tommy Lee never really wrapped it all together like he was supposed to at the end. The bad dude wouldn't get very far w/ an open fracture like that. I think he had a messed up childhood. I wasn't clear on a lot of the relationships throughout the film. I just thought it wasn't as great as people made it out to be. If you have it sitting around and there are no small children or inteligent people around, go ahead and watch it. Otherwise, save your 2 hours. 2.5/10. Oh, also, it didn't have enough dialogue for me.

No comments: