4.12.2010

Sick Again

Just as with my past outpatient rotation, about half way through I catch myself a little cold. Ugh. It sucks especially when I am trying to sleep. I think it is on the mend though. It is weird having a cold when it is 80 out. Speaking of which...summer hit us. The humidity hasn't quite arrived, but it will be here shortly I am sure. We actually gave in and turned the AC on today. You can't sleep when it is 83 in your apartment. Even with all windows open, we don't manage to get any sort of air movement through here, so this was our only option. I have actually even turned the AC on in my car a few times.

Haven't done much. Matt survived his "crazy" spring break in Olympia. He can home on Sunday. I went out to Mai Thai Lounge (they have a limit of 2 mai thai's per person...guess they are strong) and a piano bar on Saturday night with my friends. It was definitely fun, but the whole night out thing didn't really help the cold. Oops. Friday involved work and tacos with friends. MMMMMMM tacos. Other than that...I am lame. But I do have a movie review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

District 9
This was nothing like I was expecting it to be. The previews made it seem as if this district may be being invaded by aliens possibly. As it turns out, the aliens live there. We put them there. The whole beginning seemed very political. These things were true ugly from outer space aliens. Not as in aliens from another country. I think it was trying to get us to maybe feel bad about how we treat the type from other countries? As if it wanted to make you feel guilty saying, "Why are we giving these aliens rights?" In the movie, they had to serve eviction notices to the aliens (from outer space) living in the slum of district 9. Really?!?!?! We have to use real laws when dealing with extra-terrestrials? This movie was just silly. And a little too long. And had too much emotion in it. Again, really?!?!?!? These creatures don't have emotions. They are aliens!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Overall - 3.5/10

No comments: