4.26.2010

Big News


Total slacker...no excuse...except.........I'm engaged! Whoop. After 3 great years, Matt finally popped the question. It happened last Sunday the 18th! The story (skip ahead if this stuff makes you want to puke): we went grocery shopping on Sunday morning; later that afternoon he said we had a date. I got flustered because I hate changes in dinner plans; I tell him this. To this he responds, "The date won't necessarily involve dinner." In my head I say, "Worst. Date. Ever." We head out, heading west. I was a little suspicious, so I started to convince myself we were going to get a puppy. I'd rather aim low to tell you the truth. We pulled into the parking lot at Lake Zirinski, and immediatley my mind goes, "hot air balloon." Then I saw horses, but I knew Matt wasn't a horse "fan." Then I saw it - a giant basket in the middle of a field. And a giant colorful mess. Hot Air Balloon!! Unlike in the movies, those things aren't that easy/graceful to get in to. It was a beautiful night. Crazy thing is you don't feel like you are moving at all simply because you are moving with the wind. We flew over a little kid's birthday party. We were only about 30 feet up at the time, so they started chasing us. It was cute and hilarious. About 3/4 of the way through, the driver (the greatest redneck ever) did a "touch and go" in a park. We came down, held on tight, touched the ground, and then took off again. We starting swaying, and Matt started sweating...more. He said, "So, we have been together for 3 years, and I have a question for you..." Bam...ring! I said yes of course but was too nervous to put it on. I didn't want to drop it 1000ft up in the air. And now we are engaged! Don't ask for details about the wedding...because I don't know yet. I will likely do specific wedding updates as often as I do medicine specific updates...meaning...rarely. Whoop

We called everyone except KTO, Rachael, and Annie because I wanted to surprise them when I saw them on Friday. I outright told the 1st 2, but we waited to see how long it took Annie to notice. It took her a while. I almost fell asleep waiting for her to notice. But she did have a great reaction once she found out. It was great. San Diego was great in general...sunny, pleasant. We went to the zoo on Saturday. Dang that place is expensive. Yeah, I get that it is #1 in the country but still. I don't see how a family could go there and not come out broke. It was fun though. Tons of animals. Koala's were adorable. Sadly, I was only there for about 40 hours. Totally worth it though. Started medicine at the VA today. More on that later

No comments: