12.15.2008

Whoop

We had our last classes of respiratory today. Yay! I have histo lab and small group tomorrow (blow), but that is it until the final on Friday. Now I just need to actually sit and study. That won't be too hard with the weather the way it is. Today was a nice -5 on my way to school. That was without windchill. -30 with it. Wow. May have to wear a hat tomorrow. We are supposed to get a little bit of snow. We will see if that turns up.

Friday night a whole bunch of us got together at Renee's for an almost-adult Christmas party. I made chocolate covered pretzels. Everyone else made fancy finger food. I'm all about the simplicity. It was a lot of fun. Saturday the weather was awesome (50 or so), so after I got my wits about me from the night before, we went out walking. We went to the outdoor mall; we walked on a big trial near the apartment. It was a great day overall. Then Sunday hit. And it got cold. 50 degree swing in less than 16 hours. Awesome. We had our secret santa exchange / brunch after I arrived after church. That was fun too. Yay for new PJs!!!!!!

Matt leaves on Thursday, so I have been trying to plan food so that we nicely run out Thursday night. 2 weeks ins't a long time, but it is long enough to not want to open the bag you have sitting in you fridge.

MOVIES!!!
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
I had never heard of this one, but I am very happy that I put it on the list. It was another one of those dark humor ones. Like an action-comedy (heck, there's a romantic comedy section, why can't this exist) but not in a "that wasn't really funny, why are you laughing?" type of way nor in a "cheesey bad lines" type of way. It was well written with a lot of good dialogue. There was enough forward movement to keep me from getting bored, which is hard to do in a movie that is both action and comedy (in my opinion). This is not a movie if you don't like swearing. 7.7/10

Fred Claus
No, not Vince Vaughn's best work, but it was definetly more of a family movie. It almost brought a little tear to my eye. Parts of it seemed to get a little long (it has 1h50m), but overall I didn't get too bored with it. Matt had a hard time suspending his imagination for this one. They also actually made it seem like santa can make toys that mattell makes. On a sidenote, that is exactly how I came to realize that santa couldn't exist - all the movies showed him making wooden toys. I never got wooden toys. Then I thought...maybe he bought them all. Then I realized that that would cost a lot of money. Back to the movie, if you have kids and want a Christmas movie, 6.5/10 (w/ Muppet's Christmas Carol being 10/10).

No comments: