7.27.2008

My Life

I really do hate thinking of titles. What have I been up to? Still not much. I need to organize my desk. This means I need more storage for stuff. With a computer, printer, and speakers on your desk, you kind of run out of room. I am getting my oil changed on Monday. I am also going to do my annual PPD screening on Monday. I'm trying to figure out the bus system of Omaha. Their website totally sucks. No offense bus people, it just isn't really very helpful.

Matt and I have signed up for Netflix, so I am going to take it upon myself to review the movies we rent. Last night (on HBO, not rented) we watched Blood Diamond. It was violent but not over the top violent. I thought Leonardo DiCaprio did a really good job. He's come a long way from Growing Pains. I liked the story of the movie except for the little romance going on. I could have done without that. Don't worry, I won't ruin the ending for you. I liked it but thought it a slight bit unrealistic. Even if parts of the situation in these parts of Africa were exaggerated (which I don't think they really were), it definitely opened my eyes to just one of the many struggles many Africans must endure just to make it to adulthood. Done. I know that wasn't eloquent, but that isn't what I was going for. Adios.

No comments: