5.01.2012

$3000+ later...

Yep. Another hiatus. This one has a good excuse though! I was taking Step 3, which is the 3rd of 3 exams all MDs have to take to get licensed. You take Step 1 between 2nd and 3rd year of med school, Step 2 (written and fake patient) during 4th year, and Step 3 (usually) some time during intern year. They get slightly easier (or I guess I just get smarter) as you go; plus they carry a little less weight with each one...as long as you did well on the one before it :D. Oh, yeah, and they also cost a butt load of money. In total, all 3 - not counting the fact that you have to fly to one of five cities for the fake patient one - cost over $3000. Yep. I hope I passed :)


See, I told you it was a good excuse. I am so excited to not have to study every night. I start "Admit Area" at the VA tomorrow, which is their ER. No, we don't get car accidents or gnarly things, but I hear I get to do some joint taps, ultrasounds, etc. And scrubs. I get to wear scrubs.


One year ago yesterday, I got married! The service was at 4pm. At about 3:57pm, the lights flickered. It had been windy out and slightly drizzly pretty much all day. That didn't bug me. I'm not made of sugar. None of us think anything of the power flicker until my younger brother came into the holding room - "Uh...um...anyone have a lighter? Don't worry, we are setting candles up." Come again? Yep, the power went out. What we were now seeing were the emergency lights. My brothers and Matt's brothers scrambled and quickly set up candles. We found an 'itty-bitty book light' to help the readers see their readings. Thank goodness we chose the chapel we did - floor to ceiling stained glass running the length on both sides. Plenty of light! Well, plenty that we could be seen enough. Our photographers did an amazing job working with the lighting. A quick 1hr and 10 minutes (full Catholic) later, we were married!!!


Etc etc...party party


My only regret: I didn't drink enough beer at the reception. I wasn't looking to get drunk, it was just such good beer!!!!!


No resteraunt right now. Gotta get back into the whole typing things 

No comments: