6.22.2011

Cincinnati

If there is nothing else I learned on our adventures, I at least learned how to spell some cities without writing them down including: Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and Milwaukee. I know you all might be saying, "Aren't you smarter than that Becky? Do I really trust you with my life?" My answers: yes, I am smart but bad at spelling in my head; no, don't trust me just yet. Onwards and upwards!!!


Wednesday the 8th found us in Cincinnati, OH for a day game of the Reds vs the Cubs. I swear that I almost died during this game. Day games are so hot! I also refused for us to buy a $5 bottle of water. We did get frozen lemonade though, which managed to bring me back from the brink of death. The stadium was cool because it was right on the river that separated Ohio from Kentucky! We sat in the cheap bleachers again and could see Kentucky the entire time. We also purchased a Skyline Chili (big thing there) dog. It was yummy. Definitely a different type of chili than I am used to. After the game we walked back to our hotel, which was finally ready for us to check in. I think we recovered from the heat for a while and relaxed.


One of Matt's coworders was also in Cincinnati grading papers for AP Human Geography (don't ask me what that means, I think it is similar to sociology). We met up with him and a few other graders and headed over to Kentucky for dinner (I didn't have anything planned here). Oh yeah, Kentucky!! Turns out it was hot over there too. It also turns out they didn't have a ton of options over there. We chose sort of a sports bar type looking place. After being seated, we realized how silly we were. It seriously took forever for our waitress to come talk to us. She was much faster moving away than moving toward our table. Sigh. Everyone but Matt & I just got wings to eat (we aren't the biggest wings people). I would say we made a better decision. We slowly walked back toward the hotel after our 2 hr below average dinner as not to start dripping sweat. The teacher peeps had a final night reception to attend, so Matt and I watched some hockey in the hotel bar. Eventually they convinced us to go upstairs with them as they had free drinks up there. Afterwards we went out with them for a little bit and then headed back to the hotel room to prepare for another awesome 5 hr drive. Whoop! I don't know if I would ever visit either Cleveland or Cincinnati again. I wouldn't avoid necessarily but I wouldn't optionally go back again. They were just 'meh" to me. But here are some more pictures!!!


MILES TRAVELED DAY 2
Land: 250 miles


Okay, I can't get the pics to load. For another day!!

No comments: