8.06.2009

August

Before I start on August I guess I should finish up July. Guess what I did....delivered a baby. Actually caught that thing coming out of the mom. Wasn't just in the corner. Wasn't just watching. I caught it. Told you all I was a good 1st baseman. No, they didn't name it after me. It was a boy. That same day I also got to help out with a c-section.

Now that August has started I have moved over to Bergan Mercy - another Catholic hospital in town. While I would say less "teaching" is done here (fewer Creighton faculty visit here), there is more doing. They get quite a few more deliveries a month, so I am hoping my call will be good. Then again, it will be Sunday day call. I am predicting it will be slow. Sigh.

What else have I done? Not much. A few fun happy hours. Some Jenga. You know, the usual. Matt and I did go to Denver last weekend for my college friend Melissa's wedding. We brought them awesome weather it turns out. The wedding was in a Catholic church, but it wasn't a "full" mass (no Eucharist). Plus, a lot of these people didn't know the responses to a lot of the things. Reception was fun. Erica (college roommate) and her parents were at our table, which made the evening a ton of fun. Whelp...going to go watch the So You Think You Can Dance finale.

No comments: