8.20.2009

1 week left

Well, really 4 days of this rotation. Scary. We take the shelf next Friday. This really has flown by. I've had at least 2 more calls since I last wrote. One was a Thursday night. 5 deliveries. All of course just far enough apart to keep me from sleeping. That made for a rough Friday. I was also on call this past Monday. 9 BABIES!!!!!!!!! Just during my shift. Actually, it was 10. I only helped with 7 though. This meant, however, that I had to see that many patients the next day. My classmates helped me out though, so I only had to see 5. I am on call Saturday night again. Part of me wants it busy, but part of me wants to be able to sleep. We will see how I feel come Saturday afternoon.

2 big things I missed:
Happy 97th to Grandma K. on the 13th!
Happy bday Dad on the 19th!

Fun things I have done that I don't know if I have written about
-Friday night live music at Soaring Wings Vineyard...the only one in Nebraska. The wine really wasn't that great (and a little overpriced), but it was beautiful out in the country and tons of fun just to hang with friends (something I didn't get to do much last year)
-Saturday night Vibes out at Village Point (outdoor shopping place). It is always nice to see some "normalcy" in Omaha
-Tuesday night trivia at JC's Old Chicago. $2 pints, $2 personal pizzas, and trivia. It was great
-Me eating something pizza-esque 6 days in a row a week ago. That was probably the highlight of my life right there. The rest is all down from here.

And on to really important business. When do you go ahead and take that leap of faith and make a change? It is such a big risk that affects so many people. Yes, you know what I am talking about. Deodorant. I contemplated switching brands lately. But then I thought: if this really doesn't end up working out, everyone around me is going to know. And worst of all, I would have to spend another $4 and go back to my old brand. Needless to say, I didn't make that switch. I can buy 2 hotdogs and a churro at Costco for the $4. No need to waste it on hygiene.

No comments: