2.15.2010

Ortho

Finished up vascular surg on Friday with the best surgery ever...AVF. That is arterio-venous fistula creation for dialysis access. You can do it down by the wrist or up in the upper arm. The best part....you get to sit down the entire time!!!! Awesome. I will do that anyday. I started ortho today at CUMC. It looks as if it might be a slow week though, wo we will see. One of the kids in my group really wants to do ortho. Meaning...if given the chance he would scrub in on anything and everything.

This is gonna be a short one I guess. The potholes here are crazy annoying. I hate it. With the icey conditions, you have to balance between watching the road as not to pop a tire and watching the car in front of you as not to hit it. I know I am going to have to get my alignment fixed at the end of this winter season. Today, there was light in the sky until almost 7. Yet it was about 7 degrees out. That really messes with my mind/body. Annoying

Go olympics! I love watching olympics. I love the summer and winter, but I am more amazed the winter ones because I cannot do that stuff! Through a shot-putt...can do that (not far, but I can). Run in a circle. Got it. Okay...can't do gymnastics or diving. But other things I might be able to handle. Jumping off a ski slope? No way. Short track? Can't handle that. If I were to ever try a winter one (other than curling) it would be the long track speed skating. For sure. I def have the thighs for that. Okay, gotta study. Next time I need to talk about 4th year planning!!

No comments: