1.13.2009

Just me

Lucky you, you get 2 movie reviews today.

No excuse...again

Quiz on Monday went okay, especially considering my study time. Made a few of really really stupid mistakes that I will hopefully fix for the final...next Thursday. This is a pretty short class. I should probably get my butt in gear

On Friday night we had people over for gumbo and games. It was the usual (even though I invited more than the usual). I have seriously eaten enough gumbo to last me at least...2 months. That is the one issue w/ making a lot of something. We've done more soups this week, which is good because it is freezing. On Sunday after church we went to the "Starving Artists art show." Now, I don't know if they keep these artists in cages and whip them telling them to paint and paint again and again but whatever. All of them where hand done, but they do sort of have 'themes.' Beaches, mountains, beaches, mountains. All in slightly different shades etc, but better than just Target art. We did, however, manage to find 2 that didn't look too much like anything else we could see. They are about 2.5ft by 4ft. We hung them already, and finally our place is starting to feel cozier.

Movies!!!
Dark City
You know what, for a Matt pick this wasn't half bad. I had never heard of it. Came out in 98. It was sort of a sci-fi thriller mystery. Not the sci-fi made for TV type movie. Actuallly pretty good. It was a little hard to grasp what was happening. Some sort of other life forms and memory loss type thing. I thought the writing was good and that the acting was okay. It definetly made me want to keep watching, and it was almost confusing enough to make me need to watch it again. It also got you thinking about reality, which, depending on your mood, can be a good or bad thing. I give it...7.2/10

And finally......The Dark Knight
I wanted to see this in theaters soooooooo badly, but we never got around to it. Finally though, I got to see it. Other than Christian Bale being hot, this movie was great. We sometimes have trouble suspending our disbelief, which almost made us ruin this for ourselves, but we finally managed to get it under control. I really did like this movie and not just because all of the hype. I thought the acting was great and that the plot kept me on the edge of the sofa (I've never read/known much about the Batman story, so hence the not knowing what was going to happen). I'm going to give it a 8.9/10

No comments: