11.06.2008

Oh hi, it's me

No yelling. No throwing anything. Some of us are busy people. I can see (limited) freedom on the horizon. I have 4 more days of hell. The cardio final is Monday. Ahhhhh. The last quiz went pretty well. Hopefully I can muster a few more days of hard core studying. We had no class today and limited class tomorrow so that we can study. That makes me more nervous than anything else. In good news, Matt is going to Seattle this weekend. It isn't that he pesters me and keeps me from studying (he is really good at not doing that); rather, I feel bad for neglecting him, which distracts me. I am taking him to the airport tonight. Hopefully he'll have fun (that is pretty much a give in actually).

I haven't done a ton since I was last here. This past weekend (and through yesterday) was super crazy weather. By crazy, I mean in the 70s! Of course, I was studying all last weekend, but Monday and Tuesday were enjoyable. I don't have time for long movie reviews, but I'll do brief ones

Suicide Kings: Matt's choice, actually good. Some dark humor in there. They kind of got you w/ the ending. Thought you had figured it out, but then BAM! something else. I'll give it a 7/10

The Strangers: watched it on Halloween, Matt is funny to watch scary movies with. It isn't a gore movie, which is good thing. The part that made it scary was the fact that it was 'based on a true story'....I looked that up though. In the true story, no one dies. Really? Not so scary after that. It was desent though. 6.5/10

Vanilla Sky: so many people don't like this movie, I'm not sure why. Yes, it is really long...too long. But the concept behind the movie was pretty original. Matt kept getting frustrated at Tom Cruise's reactions, but I feel like a lot of really vain people would act that way. I had seen this one before, Matt hadn't. If you have a lot of time on your hands and haven't seen it, go ahead and watch it. I don't like Cameron Diaz, no matter what. 6.1/10

Pursuit of Happyness: yes, I spelled that right. It was cute. Matt thought it was it was going to be a chick flick simply b/c Will Smith was in it. False, totally not a chick flick. I had heard that it was depressing, even in the end, but only the middle parts were depressing. The end was very hopeful. This one was also based on a true story. I say....7.5/10

Off to study

No comments: