10.12.2008

Mid October

It is crazy to think that it is already mid-October. Basketball practice starts on Wednesday. I have found myself missing basketball a lot more this year. Not sure why, but I have. I swear for us the 15th always fell on a weekend day, so practice would start at 730. Blow/kind of miss that.

Bub is doing a better job updating his blog, so I am not carrying all the burden of family updates. yay! Bo still sucks.

Cardio is in full swing. So far it hasn't been too bad. We will see though. The stuff in the 1st week was pretty basic, but they may quiz really hard on it. I hate that. Also, this course is...interesting when it comes to my classmates. This is technically our 4th block (neuro, ID, hem/once, cardio), but this is the first class in which people often enter med school wanting to be. Did that make sense? A handful of people, when they go into medicine, want to be cardiologist whereas a desire to be a neurologists, infectious disease-ists, or hem/onc person sort of develops later on. This being said, you can tell the people who want to be cardiologists. Never before, no matter how interesting the professor, have people answered questions in class. Now all of a sudden, people are talking. The same people too. And people are coming to class who usually don't. And are answering questions. It's weird. And funny.

Nothing much else going on here. The weather is trying to cool down except for yesterday. Matt wanted to do something fall-ish yesterday, but the 80 degree weather really didn't make anything seem very fall-ish.

MOVIE REVIEW!!!!!! War
I'm not the biggest fan of mixed martial arts movies. Maybe that explains why I kept falling asleep during it. That didn't make Matt very happy. It was okay though. A lot of action....I'm not an action movie fan. The plot was decent w/ some twists and turns that make it really hard to follow when drifting in and out of consiousness. The ending left me confused. It was almost like they were setting it up for a sequal. Who knows. If someone brought it over and wanted to watch it and you like this type of movie, I guess you could watch it - 5/10

No comments: