7.05.2008

No fancy camera


I attempted to take some pics last night of the fire works. I don't have a fancy camera, so they aren't super awesome. Also, I was much more interested in not watching them through my camera. The one posted is pretty much my best one. On Tuesday I think it was, I asked mom what we were doing for the 4th. We never do anything. We decide we should go somewhere to watch the fireworks. We think ANTHONY'S, but we doubt they would still have anything open. To our luck, they still had a reservation at 930. When we got there last night, they had one outdoor table, and we took in. In a pure moment of "coincidence," Jeff, Auntie Marguerite, and Uncle Mike just happened to stumble by. It was fun. Food was good. View of the fireworks was totally awesome.

In talking about fireworks, they have never really been a huge part of my life. As a kid, we could buy the more novelty ones w/ tanks and parachute men. Maybe we could buy other stuff, but we never did. Then quite a few years back they limited where you could do them and how high they could go. Then they outlawed them in Spokane county. (that is a very rough timeline). I know a lot of counties are like this. The thing is, all these limits kind of hurt the quality of the downtown show. I swear you used to be able to see them from our roof overlooking the cliff. Now you are lucky if you can even see them from the bridge in front of our house. These things last night went only about 100-200 feet in the air before exploding. Personally, I think that is more of a fire danger than them going higher. Bo says it is because if the canaster falls over, it won't shoot into a building or something. How often does that happen anyway? Whatevs. This was my last 4th in Spokane for a while. Next year will be start of 3rd year, so I'll be in Omaha. Kind of sad face/excited face to think about.

In other news, Rachael comes in today!!!!!!!!! Going to extremes tomorrow w/o Amanda. Sad face.

No comments: