8.13.2007

Yay for 95 and 0

Congrats to Gramma K. for turning 95!! Wooohoooo. She also finally has someone with whom she can share her birthday. My cousin Billy and his wife Katie welcomed their first child William some time today. My mom promised me pics. We will see.

In other news. Sunday was boring. I seriously sat around all day and fell in and out of nap. We had our first family dinner. It was good. I am getting a better idea of what to cook the first time. Okay, not really. Ahhhhhh!

Today, while officially called out first day of class, really only consisted of an hour of lame computer orientation. We also got gloves and blades for anatomy lab. I then went down to Old Market for lunch with Betsy, Kerri (don't know how to spell it), Meghan, Amber, and Amy. I think those are all the correct names. We went to Old Chicago. It was good. I think I will myself about one or two more weeks of this going out and eating often with people thing just so that I can make friends and meet new people. After that, I will cut back as to save money.

I finally got to work out. It had seriously been over 2 weeks. I could tell. Not that my body changed but that running was more difficult. For some reason, the Creighton fitness center (The KFC) won't let us med students use the gym until the undergrads show up on the 18th/22nd or something like that. Ugh. In the med student lounge, however, they have a separate room with 2 treadmills and 2 ellipticals. I went in a little after lunch and ran for about 30 min. I was pretty tired, so I know I need to do it again. Another family dinner tonight. Tacos/taco salad. Always a favorite out at camp. Right before the overnight. Maybe I will sleep outside......or not.

No comments: